Hello Friends and Family!
Can you believe that I am almost at 8 months in
the mission?! Time flies, I guess! If you don't know by now, I have stayed in
Orem and I am training Hermana Beltran. She's super great and we get along
amazingly! The temperatures have begun to drop and we even had a couple of
snowflakes yesterday. We have started to bundle up in our jackets with ear
warmers, gloves, scarves, etc. We are still on bikes and will be probably for
forever. But that's okay because the work is hastening. We attended a stake
conference this past weekend for one of our stakes and our mission president
was present and was on the agenda to speak. He introduced the four missionaries
for the stake and gave a quick introduction on us. This stake conference was
all about missionary work and how we, as members, can hasten the work. He made
a really good point. He said, "These are your temporary full-time
missionaries. You are the PERMANENT full-time missionaries and now we need to
get to work." He spoke with so much power and boldness. He urged the
congregation to open their mouths and to be not afraid to spread the Gospel.
This is our purpose here as humans. We are to bring others unto Christ. Our
mission president gave many statistics too! Last year at this time, our mission
had 18 sisters. This year, we have 265 missionaries and 110 of those are
sisters! Last week, as a mission, we taught 2,547 lessons and 1,300 of those
lessons were to less-actives. 12 missionaries finished their missions last week
and went home. Those 12 missionaries participated in 465 convert baptisms. The
work is growing so much here in Utah and Elder Tom Perry is urging us to double
it! We can do this! I am so excited for the work to come in the next 10 months.
This week we got to spend time with our district on Halloween! Since we
cannot proselyte on Halloween, the mission president has us get together as
districts and we are allowed a movie to watch. This holiday we watched
Ephraim's Rescue, which I have no idea what it's about because we talked the
entire movie haha but I hear for Christmas we may watch the Saratov Approach or
Up. But who knows!! For Halloween we ate pizza, and carved pumpkins
together! We didn't dress up but we had
the amazing opportunity to wear jeans. I have forgotten how amazing they feel
to wear and how much more you can do in jeans than in a skirt. So anyways,
after the Halloween party, my companion and I went home and dressed up to keep
the Halloween spirit going. We dressed up as Israelites. I will attach the
picture! I hope you have a good laugh because we enjoyed it very much.
Sad
news. One of my former companion's mother died this week. She has been so
strong. She has gone home for a couple of weeks but will be returning to finish
her mission. The point of this moment to tell you have grateful I am for each
and every one of you in my life. My companion and I were talking that night and
realized just how blessed we actually are for our families, our friends, our
mission, and so much more! There is so much I have in my life that others do
not. I am healthy, on a mission, have a loving family, and amazing friends.
Most of all, I have this Gospel and a loving Heavenly Father! I have so much
and am very thankful!
For
Thanksgiving, my companion and I have decided to cook our own dinner and to
celebrate with the nearby sisters. We are going full out! If there are any
recipes that you have that are very special or typical Thanksgiving, please
share!!!! :)
I love you all very very much and look forward to
your emails every week!!
Love,
Sister Maren Schultz
No comments:
Post a Comment