Hello Friends and Family!
Can you believe I have been out for 5 months
already!? This first week in Orem has been crazy! While we don't have a ton of
work, we have a lot of walking to do. Thankfully today I will be able to buy a
bike with my companion. My new companion by the way is awesome! We are getting
along well and trying to get work going! She helps uplift me and we have fun
together! Let me tell you about my apartment! We live in a mansion!!! (pictures
to come) My address is still the same, 85N 600E Provo, Utah 84606
I can't explain how happy I am to be here in the
Utah Provo mission. This being the first time that I have been moved, I felt
apprehensive and nervous but now that I am here I am happy and grateful. I have
been slacking writing in my journal for a couple months but now I have resolved
to write in my journal every day the blessings and tender mercies that I
experience. I find myself writing more and more every day and being able to see
even the smallest things that have happened in my day and to be grateful for those
small things that Heavenly Father blesses me with. My prayers have gotten
stronger and my testimony has increased! I want to thank each and every one of
you for your love and prayers and I want to leave you with something my mom put
at the end of my email this week:
"Helen Keller once said: "Keep your
face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It's what sunflowers
do." Seeing as you are a sunflower-lover, and somewhat of a sunflower
yourself, you can take this to heart. Keep your eyes on Heavenly Father, and
all your problems will fall behind you. Those problems may make you sad or
anxious, take your focus from your work briefly, but re-focus, and let the
"Son" warm your every effort."
I think there is much advice that we can take
from this paragraph. Keep our efforts towards our Heavenly Father and he shall
bless us forever with comfort, guidance, love, discernment, etc. He is the way
and there is no other way.
I love you all very very much <3
Love,
Maren
No comments:
Post a Comment