Hello Friends and Family!
Let me
share with you something I was reading in Doctrine and Covenants this week in
Section 6 verses 34 and 36, "Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good;
let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they
cannot prevail.", "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear
not.". As missionaries, Satan works hard with us because of the message we
have to share and I can tell you that I have felt my fair share of earth and
hell combining against me and my companion. Before I was a missionary, there
were times when I would doubt the power of God, I couldn't take that step of
faith; to walk in the darkness with confidence. Since being in Utah, I have
learned that Heavenly Father is with us always as long as we let Him. When I look
at the trials we face as a companionship, I can look with confidence that
Heavenly Father will help us, guide us, strengthen us, so that we can bring the
Spirit to our investigators. Without the Spirit, our investigators cannot truly
convert. "For if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail", the
first thing Satan looks to destroy is the foundation. Without a foundation,
everything else crumbles. It is important as missionaries, that we build our
foundation on the rock, Heavenly Father. As we do this, we can look to Him in
every thought and we will doubt not, fear not. I have no fear that as trials
arise that I will get through them. Heavenly Father is my protector.
This week has been
amazingly busy, in a very good way! We have picked up a couple new
investigators and have set 5 of our investigators for a baptismal date! One of
our investiagtors, MaCee is absolutely incredible! He is 21 years old. He
sought us out! We tried to contact him a couple times initially without success,
but in our last attempt we were FINALLY able to see him! He says he just feels
the need for God in His life. Sister Cha and I were so super excited to hear
that! We set up an appointment with him for the next day and we on our way. The next day, we met with him, talked about
the Restoration of the Gospel and asked him if it was something he'd like to
know for him and he answered yes! No hesitation. We, of course, invited him to
church on Sunday which he gleefully accepted! At this point, Sister Cha and I
are dancing with joy, as MaCee has been fairly easy to teach so far and has
opened up with experiences of his own. Our second lesson with him, we talked
about the Book of Mormon, we read with him the introduction and the first 12
verses. He expressed his interest in the Book of Mormon and showed much
excitement to keep reading. The Spirit, then prompted us to invite him to be
baptized, he simply and without hesitation replied with a content, yes. We set
him on date for the 11th of May, as he will be leaving for boot camp for the
Army on the 15th. As he left for his army testing a day or so later, we learned
while he was there that he was asked to leave his apartment the very next day.
Of course, as missionaries, this concerns us because we know Satan is working
with him and hard but MaCee is a true soldier of the Lord and resorted to
praying and reading his scriptures. But after Friday afternoon, we lost
complete contact with him. We have no idea where he is. We've been fasting and
praying for all of our investigators. We have looked to the Lord in every
thought we've had. It can be very discouraging to see Satan working in other's
lives, to see an investigator leave. We have hope, though. I have hope. Though
this week has worked us HARD, this is what the mission is all about. I've been
out for almost 8 weeks now and have learned more in 2 months than I have in my
entire life! I am so grateful for this opportunity to be here in Utah. I am so
grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ who died for my sins, who took on my every
pain so that I may return to my Father in Heaven. I am so grateful for my
family and friends who support me 100%. Friends and Family, I know that
Heavenly Father will help us through every trial in life. I know that we are
His flock and that if we build our foundation on His Word, we can prevail
always! Though earth and hell may combine against, fear not little flock.
Through Him we can do ALL things!
There hasn't been much personally going on this
week other than my companion decided putting a snake on my shoulder was a great
idea............. nope. not good. I do not like snakes. and I have learned that
I never will at this point in my life. Dad, you would be halfway to Texas if
you had seen the snake that was on my shoulder.... AND our apartment flooded
and half of our apartment is de-carpeted! The blessings kept coming when today
I received yet another immunization, but thankfully I am now on BYU campus
taking the time to email and relax. Today we are planning to shop for a bit at
the University Mall (ohhhh, yes!) and laser tag (is that a verb?) with our
district. I am still enjoying Utah very very much! Picture updates are
below!!!! Enjoy :)
I love you all very much and miss you! :)
Love,
Sister Maren Schultz
No comments:
Post a Comment