Hello Family and Friends!
I'm
losing count of how many weeks I've been out so let's go with 10. Anyways, it's
been a weird week and I am very very tired but the work here in our area is
picking up! Thankfully. One of our stakes has been giving us many referrals to
keep us busy! We have some awesome leaders in that stake that are so eager to
help us out.
This
week has felt so long! So many things have happened but it has been an overall
good week! This week we got to go paintballing last monday with sling shots! I
got nailed in the knee cap and in the stomach. It's been so fun do something
exciting! It helps us to relax and be ready for the week. We also, this week
got to do a lot of service! Which is way fun because we're doing stuff for
others that they need done and it's a great feeling to help another person. We
have had several meetings this week that have been pretty amazing! President
McCune spoke at one of them and he always has a special way of encouraging us!
He is an amazing man! He makes us all feel so great about ourselves. I
appreciate all that he does for us. Saturday was an amazingly fun day!! In the
morning we got to be a part of a parade in Cedar Hills!! It's amazing to hear
the cheering and applause for missionaries. It's a foreign concept to me, being
from New York, where missionaries are avoided. There's so much amazing work to
do here in Utah and we are appreciated and loved. We had a lot of fun hanging
out with the elders and sisters in our area! It was Elder Hofmann's birthday so
we went to iHop to eat some pancakes!! Later that evening, we participated in a
stake celebration in Alpine. We were asked to be a part of a missionary dance.
The youth of the church had been working on a dance about missionaries and
thought it would be really fun to have real missionaries involved! It was super
fun and they were way awesome! They even dressed up as missionaries, nametags
and all! It was amazing. It was really cool to see the youth of the church show
their love for the Lord through the arts. The dances they performed were
beautiful!! It made me appreciate my mission just a little bit more! I am so
grateful to be out here in Utah! On Sunday, we were asked to give talks in one
of our wards that we cover. We were asked to speak about how members can be
missionaries (typical missionary topic!) It was my first talk on my mission! I
love giving talks now (which is weird because I never used to like them) I hope
the Bishop doesn't get any ideas! Anyways, We both were so comfortable speaking
and it seemed that our talks went really well! We got a lot more work from that
ward as well after we spoke. It's amazing how when you show who you are and you
interact with members, how much more willing they are to hand their friends and
families over to you. We got to have dinner with our ward mission leader last
night in the central stake. We had fresh vegetables from their garden and home
made grape juice and we had wonderful conversation! They have 7 kids and each
one of them is amazing! I have come to love this area very much and worry so
much for the transfers coming up. I have decided to put these situations in
God's hands because there is nothing I can do about it. I'm starting to rely on
my Heavenly Father more and more as each day passes. My testimony continually
grows, along with my love for others and Heavenly Father's plan for me. I love
you all very very much and you mean so very much to me. I thank you all for
your prayers and encouragement. I thank you for your letters and love! If you'd
like to send me a letter (hint hint) I am located at;
1278E 530N
American Fork, UT
84003
I love you!!!!!
Love,
Sister Maren Schultz
No comments:
Post a Comment