Hi Friends and Family!
So today marks the end of my 5th transfer! Which
means I have been out for 7 1/2 months! Can you believe it?! By the end of this
transfer I will be halfway through my mission! Good News! I will be staying in
Orem with Hermana Beltran (the third companion we received last week) I'm very
excited to spend one more transfer here! That means I will be here for
Halloween, Thanksgiving, and my birthday.. Not to mention my 9 month mark.
There's a journal entry that I'd like to share
with you that I wrote last night. Here's a glimpse into my missionary mind!!
27 October 2013
I had a dream last night about Marshal
(ex-fiance) and we were holding hands again; Hands that were so loving but the
same hands that were so abusive and restraining. When I work to help him feel
the Spirit again on his road to reactivity I become unsure of myself, wondering
where the end comes in. I know there will be one but I have to have faith that
it will, indeed, come. I feel so sad for those once so strong hands which have
become so weak. I yearn so much for the Spirit to warm his life, reigniting
that light which he once had. I want him to be sealed to his wife; to
continually do what is right yet I am just an instrument in God's hands and can
only do as He directs with His strength and power. I pray, with all that is in
me, that Marshal may see the spark that he has ignited in me which has turned
into an eternal flame and I pray that he comes to know that there is still hope
for him and his posterity. It only takes one small moment in a persons life to
change their world. "By small and simple things are great things come to
pass" Alma 37:6. I do not hate him. I cannot hate him. If I did, I would
not be living the atonement which has brought me great happiness and strength
and most of all, hope. Jesus Christ is my healer. I am whole once again.
I've started to apply the atonement more and more
into my everyday life. I find that as I do this my outlook becomes more
optimistic. I have more hope than I ever have been.
I love you all with all of my heart and hope that
amazing things are happening at home!
Love,
Sister Schultz
No comments:
Post a Comment