Monday, December 16, 2013

Trio

Hello Friends and Family!

I apologize that I haven't written in awhile. So many exciting things have happened in the past couple weeks! Utah is finally showing its version of fall... which is leaves turning kind of red and then dropping dead off.. That's not a NY fall! Well, it's getting a lot cooler here and it seems that when you ride bikes in cool weather, you get a breeze which proves to be even colder! Thank goodness for boots and leggings! Also, we got iPads as a mission! We are able to use them for our area book, planner, Gospel library, etc. It makes certain lessons easier, especially when we can show videos! Our missionary lives are becoming more efficient and it makes being online a whole lot easier as well. Though there are still quite a few kinks to work out in the area book app, I'd say the iPads are pretty great and a wonderful opportunity as a missionary. This week we've also been speaking at various relief society events, sacrament meetings, and primary classes. It makes me wonder how I was ever nervous to speak to anyone! On Saturday, we were on our way to set up for a wedding with a member when..... dun dun dunnn.... we got into a car accident! Everyone is fine! It was just a fender bender but could have been a lot worse. But we did set up for a wedding reception and it looked beautiful!!
So the most exciting thing that happened, happened last night! Not only did we get the chance to hear from President Fillmore, president of the Salt Lake Temple, but we also received a call from our mission President telling us that we will be receiving a new missionary today! She's a visa waiter to Brazil and is straight from the MTC! We're very excited but worried about how to fit 3 sisters in our tiny apartment! I guess this will be an interesting experience! It's like college dorming all over again!
Anyways, things are going super well here! Our lessons are picking up and we are starting to get very very busy! :)
I love you all very very much!!

Love,
Maren

No comments:

Post a Comment