Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 3!

Hello Family and Friends!

I have learned how to change my settings this week in my email which includes my font! How fun! I am already losing track of what week it is! I have officially been out in Utah for a month. We have been busy busy busy this week, between cleaning for apartment inspection, speaking at an FHE for our landlords, contacting referrals, and tracting (yes, we knock doors in Utah). Each experience has been extremely rewarding. On Monday, when we got home from our P-Day activities, we spoke at an FHE that our landlords were having. We introduced ourselves, and talked a little bit about our lives and then we spoke mostly about our missions and the experiences we have had. Being out for only a month, I didn't have terribly many exciting experiences but I had my fair share! Sister Cha and I spoke for about 15 minutes each, sharing spiritual experiences and talking about our families. The Spirit was so strong in that room that during the entire time we both spoke, nobody moved, nobody looked bored, and everybody asked a question. This moment for me helped build my testimony about why I am out here; simply, to teach. To bring the Spirit with us wherever we are, and that's exactly what we felt. This isn't the only spiritual experience we have felt this week. We have had many lessons with less-active members, some who wish to reactivate and some who do not see the need, we have had lessons with new investigators, one of which is my age and has a want for the Gospel in his life, he is seeking! He came to church with us this week but did not stay the entire 3 hours which we were okay with because he was the for the most important part; Sacrament. In a training we had this week, we learned that when we bring an investigator to Sacrament that the best place to sit is in the third row, by the Sacrament table. The most important thing your investigator can see during the service is Sacrament, and hear the prayer which includes our covenants. The way we teach, as missionaries, now is to make sure our investigators can feel the Spirit every time we are together by keeping lessons to 20 minutes, to teaching with the pamphlets so they can participate, by bringing them to Sacrament and to the Church to feel the special spirit that dwells in the Chapel. I am so grateful for the Spirit that we carry with us as missionaries! We also got to go to the temple this week with our district and do an endowment sessions for those that have passed on. While sitting in the Celestial room, I was overcome with joy for the woman that I stood proxy for and for the gospel! Our Heavenly Father is so loving! You can see it in everything that the Church teaches and in the temple as well! Our Heavenly Father wants us to have plenty of opportunities to return to Him. On Thursday, alone, I was able to strengthen my testimony about temple work and doing work for the dead. How amazing is it that Heavenly Father gives us, the living, to do work for the dead so that they can have the opportunity to make these covenants and return to Him? I'd say that's a pretty loving Heavenly Father and we see this everywhere in the Scriptures! I am so grateful to be on a mission! I am so grateful for the love and support I receive from my family and friends and I am so grateful for the love Heavenly Father has for me. I hope to one day return back to Him and live with my family forever! I know that this church is true and I know that Jesus Christ lives! I love each and every one of you! and I hope to hear from you soon!

Love!

Sister Schultz

No comments:

Post a Comment