Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 6

Hello Friends and Family!
    This week has proven to wear me out! My first transfer has come to an end and my second transfer has commenced! As most of you know, at the end of each transfer we receive a call from our mission president telling us if we have been transferred to a new area, or if we are receiving a new companion. Yesterday, I received my calling pretty early in the morning. My current companion will be going home to Maryland on Wednesday so I knew I would be getting a new companion, but the news that I received was not what I expected. President McCune informed me that I will be remaining in American Fork but that I will be training a new missionary out of the MTC on Wednesday! All I could think was... woah, what!!! As President McCune concluded his news and told me about the various meetings I would need to attend, I looked up to see my companion absolutely dying of excitement. And, of course, as all girls do in exciting times, we hung up the phone and proceeded to dance and scream and hug... I'm not usually that kind of girl. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father that He has trusted me to train another one of His servants. I am so thankful for my trainer, Sister Chavarria, who has taught me all she knows so that I may pass that down to the Sister that I will be training.
        Next in my update is something of sadness. This past week, we had an elder pass away. On Thursday, he collapsed and was sent to the hospital. He experienced a brain aneurysm  and passed away in the hospital. Today we had a memorial service for him and his family. The entire mission was there to support his family. It has been beautiful to see the support and love this mission has for each other, for this elder, and for his family. Though I personally did not know this elder, I grieve for his family and send many prayers to my Heavenly Father.
       This week, we met with our soon-to-be baptized investigator, Bret, and we talked about baptism and he was interviewed by an elder in our district. Bret was baptized this past Saturday and bore a beautiful testimony. Though he is only 13, he already knows how the church has helped him in his life and has amazing desire to be a huge part of this church. As he bore his testimony, he began to cry. The Spirit was so strongly with us as we sat in that Relief Society room. Bret is an amazing young man and the goal that we have for him is to receive the Priesthood and to go to the temple. We've been working with the ward mission leader to make that happen and hope to soon see him achieve this goal.
       Sunday, as you know, was Mother's Day. I had the special privilege to skype with my mother and father! I want to take the time to tell you how special my mother is. She is my best friend and I love her very much. It is amazing to see her go through so many trials not just personally but with her children as well and to see her so strong on her feet. I have always looked up to her, and still do as a 21 year old young woman. She is my strength and I don't know if she knows just how much I appreciate what she does for me. She has been so strong as I have left for my mission and she has supported me 110% and I am SO grateful for her love. Even though she is not a member of the LDS church, she has spiritually helped me grow and she has shown me Heavenly Father's love. She has comforted me in times when I needed it. She is the definition of a super mom. I love her so dearly. She has never once asked me to come home, she has never once complained that I can only speak with her once a week, and she has always supported me in everything. I know that she is my mother not by coincidence and that Heavenly Father knew I would need a mother like her. I thank Heavenly Father every day for the parents that I have. I am eternally grateful.
       I will wrap up this novel by thanking each and every one of you for your continual support. I want to tell you that I love you SO much. A mission is hard but it is SO worth it!! Keep safe and love one another!


I love you now and forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment