Monday, December 16, 2013

Orem 3

So Orem.... yep. Orem. I feel like I'm being driven off of a cliff sitting with Justin Beiber, One direction, Miley Cyrus, and perhaps the cast of High School Musical and they're all simultaneously singing their dumb songs and dancing to their own beats.  So in short, Orem is driving me crazy. Despite walking through the ghettos, avoiding large jumping dogs, and trying not to drink the kool-aid here, we're actually getting some work done. Work, in definition, meaning we visit a house, they see us out the window, we knock on their door and they ignore us. Really? You're going to ignore us... We see you. But actually we've been receiving new people to teach even though we've been rejected a million and one times. It snowed this week which actually wasn't bad and surprisingly I didn't whine and complain like I usually would in NY. Man, the mission does change people.. well maybe not that much. I still whine. And complain. And sometimes I get pretty dramatic, but overall the time period that I do all these things has since decreased. I'm almost halfway through my mission which makes me barely a "greenie" anymore by definition of the olden here (I thought Olden was a better word instead of old geezers, or the ancients) Not much to report other than the same old same old. We are still getting the questions, "Is it your Pday??", and "So where are you going on your mission?", and we can't forget, "Does the MTC allow you to come to walmart." -Facepalm- Utah, really?
I haven't been sleeping very much lately but the sleep I have been getting is attributed to the Cozy Chamomile tea I've been downing each night. Despite the fact that my face droops, my legs are tired, and my stomach is always on fire. The work is amazing! But seriously, it is. I couldn't get through one week here without the power of God and His Son, Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to be here and to be tired. I am so grateful for the people we meet each day and I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the strength He gives me always! I love you all so so much! Please enjoy the picture below of my companion and I because we are soooo flipping adorable!

Love,
Maren

No comments:

Post a Comment