Hello friends and family!!
This
week was transfers and here's the news! I've been transferred to Lindon west
and pleasant grove west with my new companion Sister Reid. She is from South
Carolina and has the most adorable southern accent. She says things like ma'am
and sir and good golly and hotdog!!! She says oh gracious and puddin and not
pudding, and "I do declare". Straight from gone with the wind! She's so stinking adorable!!! We live with a
family named the Beck's. They are super wonderful and take such good care of
us. They are hilarious and have 2 children out on a mission. We are covering 2
stakes, 16 wards and actually have a car! Woohoo!! Guess who's driving ;)
Entering a new area is always a challenge. For one, I am driving an area
that I do not know and which my companion doesn't necessarily know either. I am
also trying to keep track of the ward mission leaders, members, and other
leadership, and also being in an area where we are busy all the time. Now don't
get me wrong! I'm not complaining. I love being in a new area with new people,
a new companion, a car (woohoo), and lots of work! I love my new area but it
does get challenging from time to time. I'm grateful for The Lord and for the
strength He gives me. We were teaching a man the other day name Richard. He is
less active and is trying to reactivate. He shared that His spiritual knees
were shaking but nevertheless he is standing. I shared with him a personal
story about when my spiritual knees were shaking. I felt The Lord strengthening
me within that time. I shared my testimony with him about how The Lord can
strengthen us as we are determined to stand. I had received spiritual crutches
from The Lord. He helped me to strengthen my muscles until I was ready to walk
on my own. I walked on my own and occasionally experienced weakness but I have
grown stronger since then. If anything, I think I learned more from the lesson
than I thought I was supposed to. Of course, Richard learned from the spirit
and Heavenly Father but I also learned from what I had said that I am stronger
than I realize. I was able to see the Lord's hand more evidently in my life.
I am
truly exhausted this week! We leave at 10 in the morning and we don't return
until 930 at night! I feel like I go to bed at 11 and 630 rolls around way too
quickly! Nevertheless, I know that Heavenly Father is giving me the proper
strength. Obedience brings blessings and I've noticed that as I am exactly
obedient, The Lord helps me to do the work that He has set aside for me. He
helps me to love my mission and to not fall asleep in the middle of sacrament
no matter how much I want to!
Family
and friends, I am so very grateful to be here in the Utah Provo mission,
serving The Lord. Last night I had a dream that I was giving my homecoming talk
and seeing my family ward again. That dream felt all too real. I have 9 months
left. I'm at the peak. Now I need to endure and make sure time doesn't go too
fast! I love you all so so much! I am so happy to know each and every one of
you and feeling the love and support you supply! Please enjoy my new blog (yep,
I hopped on the band wagon).
My current address is still:
Sister maren schultz
85N 600E
Provo, Utah
84606
This will be my address for the 9 months that I
have left!
I love you all!!
Love,
Sister Maren Schultz
No comments:
Post a Comment