Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 2

Hello Family and Friends!
I have made it through yet another week here in American Fork, Utah! Many mighty things have been happening! This past Thursday we had a zone conference with the missionaries in the Mt. Timpongos area. In zone meetings, we learn how to better teach the people we meet with and we receive certain announcements from our mission president. This week was a huge week for announcements and some of them were very exciting! We learned that in the next couple months, in the Utah Provo Mission, we will be receiving tablets! Each individual will receive their own tablet that will go with them through their entire mission. We will be going completely paperless. All the records that we have, all the baptisms we record, all the teaching records, our planners, addresses, emails, will all be on this tablet so we carry around virtually nothing. Better yet, the tablet will have a GPS system!! (YIPPEE) I get lost where ever I go! The next announcement involves our tablets. We are about to use Facebook for proselyting purposes! Which means that in the next couple of months, I will be able to create a new facebook account as a missionary and add our investigators, members, less actives, all on facebook. The New York Rochester Mission has already been doing this for some time and now the Utah Provo Mission will be doing it as well! It will be a good resource to use to contact who we teach! Not to mention so you can see what I am up to. The final announcement was that our mission president has removed the music guidelines! We before could only listen to LDS artists, and instrumental music but now we can listen to any music that is uplifting to us. SO SEND ME MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
       This past Saturday we had THREE baptisms (pictures are below). It was a very busy day! I have taught all of these people at least once but the amazing thing to see is the work the Sisters have done before me. All three of these, now members, having AMAZING testimonies and range in age from 13, to 20, to 58! It's an amazing lesson to learn that at any age we can be open to the Spirit, we can be open to the change that Heavenly Father has for us, we can recieve the Gospel at any age! Heavenly Father doesn't put limits on us. He doesn't put an age to anything. He simply gives us what we need, when we need it. We're all different and the Gospel comes to us at different times. in different ways but Heavenly Father is always the same. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever! Each baptism was beautiful to watch. To know that each person took their own step of faith and was trusting in Heavenly Father. How beautiful this church is!
     As week 3 rolls around, I have much gratitude for my Heavenly Father, my family, my friends, and the things which I have experienced. I do not regret anything that has ever happened in my life!

I love you all very much and love to hear from you! <3

Sincerely,

Sister Schultz

No comments:

Post a Comment