Hello Friends and Family!
This week has been very busy! Though our lesson
numbers aren't high, we've had the amazing opportunity to contact many names
that were given to us by our stakes! There is one referral that we recieved and
had contacted that has touched my heart so much! This family's name is called
the Hampton Family. We actually weren't going to contact this house this day.
It was the end of the day and we had been contacting all day but something told
us to conact one more house. We picked a name of a referral that we had
received from the mission office, we read a little about this referral, and
then we were on our way to that part of American Fork. We arrived at the house
and saw that the woman who lived there at the door talking to two little girls.
Whenever we see someone we are trying to contact outside, we usually just say
we'll come back (mostly because we get nervous) but as I pulled up we parked
and decided we were going to knock that door. So we did and we are so grateful
that we did. We met Sister Hampton and her family. The first thing she said
when she answered the door was "Wow, that was fast!", and she invited
us in very quickly. Sister Hampton has 6 biological children and 7 adopted
children, all who are grown. She currently has adopted her two grandchildren.
Their mother, when these children were 9 months old and the other when he was 4
years old, murdered their 3 year old sister right in front of them. These
children have been taken into custody, have been fostered, have been taken to
thereapists, and so many other things! Their childhood has been ripped from
them. Tyler, who is now 8, and Cammy, who is now 5, live a traumatized life.
They live with their grandmother who has had so much anxiety and so much
responsibility placed upon her all at once. She has never taken for granted a
moment that she has had these children. She has always loved them and supported
them through everything. She wants so badly for them to meet with the sister
missionaries to know more about their Father in Heaven. Tyler is afraid of the
picture of Christ because he is so unsure about what has happened to his
sister, who was his best friend. Their story broke our hearts when we listened.
We are so absolutely grateful that the Spirit brought us to this house. We have
a return appointment with them for dinner and a lesson! How blessed are we to
have the gift of the Holy Ghost? To direct us where we need to go, to give us
the words to speak, and to give us the comfort we need! I am amazed at what I
learn everyday here on the mission!
I am absolutely exhausted! but in a very
good way! At the beginning of this transfer, we were very frustrated at how
little work we had in the area. I was discouraged for my trainee, Sister Rees,
because she came out with a huge desire to serve but yet, there was little to
do. Now that we have prayed and remained faithful in the past weeks, we have
received more to do. I am so grateful for what my Heavenly Father gives me and
for the opportunity to be serving here! I know, more and more each day, that the
atonement is for every one! If there's any indicator of Heavenly Father's love
for us, it's the atonement!
This
weekend, we posted pineapples on the Elders car (pineapples symbolize trouble
in our mission) and we thought it would be really fun! Little did we know that
our pineapples will be returned on our car the following day... nice job
Elders, but next time be a little more creative! Today, we are playing
paintball again! I am very excited because there will be more people there this
week.. and I'm not going to lie.. I'm pretty good at slingshot paintball ;)
This week we have much to look forward to! We are walking in a parade on
Saturday in Pleasant Grove and Sunday we get to attend the leadership training
which will be broadcasted all over the world! We get to sit in the same room as
the Prophet!! Eeeeek... a lot of people get excited to see their favorite band
in concert, I get excited to see the Prophet in person!!!! :)
Anyways, transfers are next Monday so I shall let you all know where I
am going and if I am staying! I hope I hear from all of you soon!! Enjoy the
pictures!!!
Love,
Sister Maren Schultz
No comments:
Post a Comment